As the excitement for the first of many opening days (I’m sure) flows through our veins it’s important that I’ve made it completely clear what I will be watching/following without wiggle room and what will happen if a team doesn’t comply with the stated rules.
This is important for fairness to the collective. I will not stand for someone that bends the rules because of past experience, stated or actual ignorance of how we are playing this, or anything else. Period. You wouldn’t have been invited to be here if I felt that I needed to “police” you.
I feel that we are all leaders but it’s my responsibility to be sure that no team is doing something to gain an edge that another team isn’t doing. It doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or unintentional.The bottom line is I’ve sent multiple emails, have the rules listed on our website, made them clear in groupme, and now am listing them in a specific post on our league website, right now. I’ve done my part.
I know you guys all know this game and have experience. Most, extensive experience. That’s great. In every instance I’ve identified “us” as guys that fit in with the group and league mission statement.
This is a statement and belief system that I will never sway from. I truly see this league as a gift to play in. I know that I’m going to go above and beyond to make your experience/enjoyment as good as it could possibly be.
I’m also sure as others catch wind of what we have they will want to be part of this. I promise you no one will get in that I feel in even the most minimal way doesn’t fit our group or how we are going to play. Or, more importantly, what brought us together in the first place.
LEAGUE MISSION STATEMENT
This league is being put together with the players that celebrate realism, passion for the game of baseball, love of team building/general managing, enjoyment for historical accomplishments (stats), skill, and most importantly friendship. As seasons end and planning for the next begins the goal is that we as a collective celebrate the team that wins the championship annually because it will be played the right way. The realistic way. It’s less about the competitive winning and losing than it is the experience that we are creating – with people you care about and want to see do well.
The Expectation is that the groupme app is how we will communicate to schedule our games. If a personal text was sent or phone call made I expect that once scheduled one of the teams will list the date and time the games will be played in the groupme app. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY EXPECTED. Once the games are scheduled if we aren’t playing in that series but want to have our computer on to watch if we are able to “attend” the games – we can. This is a very cool DLB Online feature and one I will be utilizing.
I will HAVE access to the box score of every game played and I will review them. More, about love of the game but also to make sure the following rules are being followed.
If any team(s) don’t play by the Diamond Champions League rules the following penalties will occur. I’m fully prepared to do this and will do so without bias. Period.
1. 1st round pick lost – (last pick in the 12th round replaces it)
2. 2nd round pick lost – (second to last pick in the 12th round replaces it)
3. Potential loss of Franchise. I don’t see this ever happening but if someone already here isn’t right for the group – they won’t be back. I’ve already forwarded what we are doing to handful of people that I think could be fits. I truly believe and hope that us seven will grow this. But, again, if I have to I will be open to replacing anyone that doesn’t play the way they are supposed to or complies by the rules the group is playing by.
I will be watching the following.
1. Reliever innings that can be used and how many innings can be used per outing. You’ve all received an email on this and these limits are posted on our site.
2. 17 regular season starts are allowed for starting pitchers. All starters need 4 days of rest regardless of how long they pitched in their last start unless it’s over 9 innings. If a starting pitcher pitches 9.1 to 10 innings he will need 5 days of rest before he can pitch again. A starting pitcher cannot pitch over 10 innings in any start. Starting pitchers with the ability to pitch in relief need 4 days of rest after any relief pitching appearance regardless of how long the appearance was for – before they can start another game.
3. AT BAT LIMITED PLAYER USE. The rules state it clearly. Here are the highlights.
Any player with 70 at bats or more against left handed pitching will be able to play against left handed pitching with the prorated number of at bats allowed and counted by the online system.
Any player with less than 70 AB vs. left handed pitching that can’t play catcher – can not be used to start or pinch hit vs. a left handed pitcher.
Although the system will allow it – this league will not
Any player with 150 at bats or more against right handed pitching will be able to play against right handed pitching with the prorated number of at bats allowed and counted by the online system.
Any player with less than 150 AB vs. right handed pitching that can’t play catcher –> can not be used to start or pinch hit vs. a right handed pitcher.
Although the system will allow it – this league will not.
The catcherr with the AB limits that don’t reach 70 against left handed pitching but has 40 AB’s or more against a left handed pitcher as a limit is only allowed to start once every 8 games against the pitcher that he is limited against. This coincides with when the normal every day catcher would typically need a day off. The prorated amounts of at bats available will be followed automatically online.
The catcher with the AB limits that don’t reach 150 against right handed pitching but has 50 AB’s or more as a limit is only allowed to start once every 8 games against the pitcher that he is limited against. This coincides with when the normal every day catcher would typically need a day off. The prorated amounts of at bats available will be followed automatically online.
4. A player with % usage needs to begin the season in the minors. The specifics of how these players are able to be brought up and which of these players are available to be used in the playoffs is listed in the rules on the website.
5. Pitchers are not able to pinch hit unless all position players on the bench have been used. More specifics regarding this are listed in the rules on the website.
6. A starting pitcher cannot be pinch hit for or removed before he pitches at least five innings unless he is tired or given up a run (earned or unearned).
7. Players sent to the minors
A – These players must remain in the minors for at least 2 series before being able to return to the Majors.
B – The exception to this rule is if a player is placed on the disabled list. In that case the player that was sent to the minors can be called up to replace that player even if he hasn’t been in the minors for 2 series.
8. Our league will not allow the ability to hit and run when there are two outs in the inning. If this happens against you while playing a different team. Let me know immediately.
9. A starting pitcher can not pitch in relief without the attribute.
10. Like when we played in the GABL one offensive decision is allowed per “base-out scenario not per at bat”.
If you can’t get a lead when trying to steal second base you then can’t decide to hit and run.
If a player steals second, the team can use a second strategy to advance him to third….
The online dynasty game allows for the ability to hit and run after a failed stolen base attempt. We as a league will not allow for that to happen.
If this happens against you while playing a different team. Let me know immediately
11. ROSTER PROTECTION – Nothing can be done to make this happen at this moment but taking into account the drafting of the unplayable Soler, Spangenberg, Dilson Herrera, Pederson, Niewenhuis, Michael Tayler, etc. The teams that picked unplayable players, a number of F durability players, or simply didn’t protect their team effectively against injury – those other player picked or “future” picks will take the place of early round picks in the next draft if you can’t field a team. These teams rolled the dice with the way they built their squads and if a draft pick is lost that team can deal with the fact that they drafted their first pick a year early.
As I stated multiple times – I will be watching this like a Hawk.
Questions contact me now. Again, I will not allow the excuse of ignorance to affect any decision I ultimately make. I’ve communicated this too effectively to allow that. Questions contact me now and we’ll talk it through.